Monday, June 27, 2011

Lessons from the Week

So, it is over a week later. And, guess what? I didn't use my credit cards. The universe even found some extra money to toss at me as I am going down this path. And I have to say, budgeting money makes me appreciate things a little more than I have done in the past. There are so many free things to do and so many wonderful conversations to have - who needs the newest gadget?

So little ways that I have decided to save...
1) The movies. I pay for Netflix every month. So, if I am just patient and wait for movies to come out, I don't waste money at the movies. And then when Harry Potter comes out....
2) Not eating out so much. I looked at the way I waste my money and it is really spent a lot on food. And if you have ever gone out to eat with me, you know that I NEVER finish my food. So I'm wondering how much money I have wated on food over the years. It makes me think more about what I am eating.
3) Cooking at home. Some people hate to do this. I have learned that I love it. It is another way to meditate. And then you can freeze it and have food for the future! I may not be an amazing cook, but I have been told that my food is very good. I'm learning new tricks here and there and experimenting with new foods.
4) Not going to Target. This may seem strange but it makes so much sense. The point of stores like Target and Walmart are that they are a one-stop-shop. But, the problem with them is that they are designed in a way to make you buy things that you didn't even think of. The aisles are designed to make you walk a certain way. The light is placed just in the right spot. They want you to spend money! So when I need a toothbrush, I just go to the drug store instead of the Superstore.

Continuing down my path of living within my means...

No comments:

Post a Comment